Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2nd, 2012

The mission is still going good.  Had interviews with Pres Jergensen last week.  They were of coarse awesome!    I talked to him more about Elder Wally than I did about me, but that's ok because he needed to make sure he and  I were doing ok.  I found out that I do get to make the decision if he stays or goes, or if I want him for another transfer.  By the sounds of it I might be getting a lot of the troubled missionaries because apparently I can handle them better than everyone else.  I talked to pres about how I can read him and I know exactly why he acts the way he does.  I know all that because of all the counseling I have been through he laughed and said its finally paying off isn't it! ha   I said it looks that way! =)  Elder Wally is really insecure and has to be the center of attention.  If someone says something they did he will always top it with something he did, ha, and he loves to tell every single person we meet that he is in the special forces so they know that he's a hardcore guy! haha  For some reason he always listens to me when I ask him to do things.  Yes sometimes he argues for a minute but he always does what I ask him so that is good.  We found an investigator about 2 weeks ago and he has been dying of cancer so we had been seeing him everyday.  He loved having us come over and so did his wife and their friend that was always there helping them. Unfortunately he past away on Wednesday, but we know that he felt the spirit while we were there and will recognize it in the spirit world.  We met a lot of people through his death.   The sheriff and the mortician and a lot of other people.  They invited us to be pall bearers at the funeral and almost had us give a talk as well.   It was a great experience and I'm glad we got to participate in it.   Sad he's gone but glad he's in a better place.  I know that he is happy that we came into his life when we did.  We are still seeing his wife and their friend and have a lot of other people we can see because of them.  I'm so thankful for the strength and the spirit I get as a missionary  I encourage all of you to invite the missionaries into your home so you can feel of the spirit they have.  I'm so glad to be serving my Heavenly  Father and being able to bring his sheep unto the fold!  Love you all!
Love Elder Jach

1 comment:

  1. There are so many people in the world who simply cannot understand the mercy of a divine plan that allows people after death to hear, embrace and accept the ordinances of salvation. It is our privilege here on earth to perform those proxy ordinances on their behalf. Whether here or there in the spirit world all are given the opportunity to hear and understand the fullness of the gospel. What other church on earth today teaches that salvation and the chance for exaltation can be obtained in the spirit world? There are none. Because of the Restoration, John Taylor correctly stated that Joseph Smith had done more for the salvation of souls than any other man who ever lived, save Jesus Christ. By restoring the priesthood keys through Joseph, Christ opened the doors for the work to proceed here on earth on behalf of the spirits who in some cases have waited centuries for the proxy ordinances to be performed on their behalf. They have the opportunity to accept or reject those ordinances. Wilford Woodruff and Lorenzo Snow taught that very few, if any, would reject the ordinances performed in temples for those who died before they could receive them here on earth. Izach's testimony here is proof of all that. How blessed we are that the Lord lets us participate in the work of saving the souls of all the children of God, either here and/or hereafter. How blessed we are to live in the day when the work is flourishing on both sides of the veil!

    ReplyDelete